Wednesday 23 March 2011

We are adopting a greyhound !!!

Yes it's true, we finally made a plan of when and where after some months of research.
As most of you know I am a big softy for dogs and feel strongly about animal welfare . For that reason it would only ever be a rescue dog of some type. 
Greys just stole my heart years ago and after reading up on the breed we knew that was the hound for us.

Many people think they could not have a grey because of the size & that they will need loads of runs. 
Of course they are quite tall dogs but they don't take up much room as they are so slender. 
They don't need much exercise really, a couple of walks a day for about 20 mins much like any other dog.
All they really want is some comfort and love, somewhere safe to spend the rest of their lives. 

There are just over 70 Retired Greyhound Trust adoption centres in the UK and always 100s of greys looking for homes.
If you are thinking of giving a home to a hound , please think of a greyhound.

Here is our boy Fagin . 



A few places I have found for lovely greyhound goodies;

http://greytsweaters.co.uk/  fabulous sweater coats.

Then a few sites you may like to look at ;


Lastly a couple great greyhound blogs;


4 comments:

  1. I'm more a cat than a dog person but Fagin looks very sweet! I'm sure you will enjoy his company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Christel <3
    we thought about getting a dog but ended up with a cat (I was still ill when we got her and I wasn't sure if I had enough energy for daily walks )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fagin is so beautiful! I love Greyhounds! I have a Bernese Mountain dog myself but have a soft spot for the Greyhounds after reading about how many that are treated with such disrespect and cruelty. So many of them need new homes after being dumped by previous owners in the racing world etc. Breaks my heart! I´m so happy for Fagin (and for you). I´m sure he will be a great addition to your home.
    Hugs, Lina
    minetteandminou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Looking forward to seeing more photographs! :)

    ReplyDelete